Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den
  • IGN:TwinPaw
  • Class:Thief Master
  • Level:191

I already got 600+ without the driller boy, just with pacience. And I have seen like more than 10 dudes with the same name and equips drilling in Pop Dungeon, for example...

"Event01"..."Event09", all with driller boy. And I think this is done in this way ~         "Event09" is done, got the goal of Torumaline?? Pass the driller to "Event10".

So I guess they should not win the prizes because it's just for making money from it, It's different from getting on our second or third account, It is the thought of those who do not know how to have fun and always takes advantage of the situations "I'm smart, they're dumb, I'm going to do it".

I'm close to 400 without driller boy as well, 50 a day. Glad I'm not alone in that regard! :D

If you're talking about the 3rd job lions with that "Scream" mask with identical names, I know what you mean... 

I have 19 characters and 9 accounts.  I need more than 6 accounts and I'm active in 7 characters, everyday I'm using the 7, but still no reason to do events with all of them

Why do you need 6 accounts, is the first question that pops into my mind?!

Just want to speak out my opinions...The nature of the event encourages multiple accounts, all drilling events have this problem, the player doesnt have to put effort to get reward no matter how many accounts he uses. AFK drilling is designed for this purpose..so do you think people who open multiple accounts to afk drill in mines are not supposed to earn such amount of money?? If the load of server is really too heavy i suggest not having driling events, instead we can have more hunting events.

Im bad in organizing my thoughts, hope you can get what I mean.

Yes, people who open multiple accounts to AFK drill in mines are not supposed to earn such amount of money because they didn't work for it themselves, just threw money at it and called it a day, same goes for these events; they don't deserve the prizes because they didn't do the work themselves.

Yea but that means you only get to do event on 1 character? I have 4 characters lv 300+ that I actively work on, and I think it's fair for me to be able to get 4 times the event prizes.. Usually the ones to "abuse" event are usually the ones that need to abuse the event to help them afford all the expenses they make on their gears.

Explain further as to how it's fair for you to earn 4 times the event prizes, all I'm getting is that "I have 4 high level characters, I earn the prize 4 times because of that." If you think that's fair because you have x amount of characters at a high levels, then it should be fair for the AFK Drillers as well, if we're following that logic... which I hope you're implying something else as I rather not give any credit to AFK Drillers so please explain.

my opinion: your own fault for making drill events with good prizes, when this game has "afk drilling" 

if you want to stop this, remove driller boys or make hunting events only.

Sadly removing the pet altogether may cause a massive dip in revenue for the server. I much prefer further restrictions on the use of the pet or some sort of penalty like 1/2 TM exp is gained when using the pet or have Gates be no drill zones (or just don't allow the use of the pet in Gates, if that's possible) or something that'll have people think twice before using the pet like they are now.

As for the main subject at hand: The player with that many accounts shouldn't get the prizes on all of their accounts, regardless if they gotten any tourmaline's without driller boy. I could go further and say "anyone who's using a driller boy for this event should be disqualified for the prizes," but I doubt it can be tracked of how people got tourmalines: manual or driller pet and which method was used more.

• Raia likes this

Book Hunter

Currently searching in Rose Garden (Johan's Story).

I proudly do my own drilling.

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • IGN:Orange
  • Class:PvP Guru
  • Level:Enough

Explain further as to how it's fair for you to earn 4 times the event prizes, all I'm getting is that "I have 4 high level characters, I earn the prize 4 times because of that." If you think that's fair because you have x amount of characters at a high levels, then it should be fair for the AFK Drillers as well, if we're following that logic... which I hope you're implying something else as I rather not give any credit to AFK Drillers so please explain.

Well the issue at hand would be whether I am abusing the event. The answer is no. I have put a lot of time in creating several chars at a high level, and I feel that they should each be qualified to participate in the events without it being called "abuse". To me the definition of "abuse" is creating a lot of low level characters for its sole purpose being to benefit from the rewards.

It would make sense to disqualify those new "mule" characters.

I expect Aran to be allowed to do the event on each and every of her foxes as they are lv 350+. To me it wouldnt make sense for Aran to be limited to doing the event on just 1 fox.

Stealing fire from Mt. Olympus like its no big deal.

~Prometheus                              

Grimoire

Grimoire

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSomehwere
  • IGN:Howareyou
  • Class:HereandThere
  • Level:401

"Meanwhile my suggestion..." LOL

http://board.playtri...ent-suggestion/

just sharing LOL

Koiosu Hunter

Kaiba

Kaiba

PVP King 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

I'm close to 400 without driller boy as well, 50 a day. Glad I'm not alone in that regard! :D

If you're talking about the 3rd job lions with that "Scream" mask with identical names, I know what you mean... 

Yes, people who open multiple accounts to AFK drill in mines are not supposed to earn such amount of money because they didn't work for it themselves, just threw money at it and called it a day, same goes for these events; they don't deserve the prizes because they didn't do the work themselves.

Sadly removing the pet altogether may cause a massive dip in revenue for the server. I much prefer further restrictions on the use of the pet or some sort of penalty like 1/2 TM exp is gained when using the pet or have Gates be no drill zones (or just don't allow the use of the pet in Gates, if that's possible) or something that'll have people think twice before using the pet like they are now.

As for the main subject at hand: The player with that many accounts shouldn't get the prizes on all of their accounts, regardless if they gotten any tourmaline's without driller boy. I could go further and say "anyone who's using a driller boy for this event should be disqualified for the prizes," but I doubt it can be tracked of how people got tourmalines: manual or driller pet and which method was used more.

this is a driller event, tourmaline can only be drilled, again if they dont want this to happen, stop making driller events and make huntings events instead.. 

its up to people how many accs they wanna drill with and how much time they wanna spend transfering and all that. 

• MrSlaughter likes this

neturno

neturno

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Aran I'm sorry, but in my point of view the game is free for a player to create as many accounts as he wants, and if he has the ability to keep all those accounts I do not see any problem in that. He only has enough money to keep all accounts created and has every right to put all of them to dig and ganahr his prizes.

bluesly

bluesly

Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den

I'd like to start off my saying that I plan on doing the event on around 6 characters because it will seriously help me making my AC gears on buffalo, and I have already given a lot for his HP set.

I don't think people who take advantage of events should be penalized, and drilling events should happen once in a while because it's a way to give back and help the community to have Myshop items for a lot cheaper.

All legitimate players are doing this event to help build their characters, but the problem is people using multiple accounts that is far towards profit than progress is the main issue which effects people who are using the event for non-profit means.

Please do not give AFK Drillers an excuse of how they're not abusing the event (what I have in bold). They will run with that saying "I'm using x amount of accounts to help a friend" or "make a strong Sheep" or "saving up for an Altiverse equipment" or whatever. (These are rough examples, but hopefully my point is clear of what you're doing by saying that).

Depends on what you mean by "advantage". One advantage is if they're doing the event to get a prize they need for a character or two on the same account they're doing the drilling on, then that's fine. The other is If they're using multi-accounts AFK Drilling for the prizes that is almost always for profit, then that's not fine.

Sadly, legitimate players will be caught in the splash zone of the actions of the illegitimate players (AFK Drillers), how much in the splash zone will vary but that's how life works most of the time.

Well the issue at hand would be whether I am abusing the event. The answer is no. I have put a lot of time in creating several chars at a high level, and I feel that they should each be qualified to participate in the events without it being called "abuse". To me the definition of "abuse" is creating a lot of low level characters for its sole purpose being to benefit from the rewards.

It would make sense to disqualify those new "mule" characters.

I expect Aran to be allowed to do the event on each and every of her foxes as they are lv 350+. To me it wouldnt make sense for Aran to be limited to doing the event on just 1 fox.

Should I point to you the 3rd job lions with "Scream" masks? Are you giving them an excuse that THEY are not abusing it just because they are at a high level, in which they have identical names? You are telling AFK Drillers it's okay to do this misuse of the driller boy if they're high level? Do you not see the ramifications here?

On top of all that, you proved my point, as quoted:

Personally, I don't care if you put effort into a 5th high level character, you should only get the prize ONCE and only ONCE, you're not entitled to 4x the reward just because you put effort into your characters, that's not how it works nor should it work for this event. You could simply "sell" it to your other accounts via AH if not possible via trade if you so desire, that's fine, or sell whatever extras you don't want to others (if only gotten the prize once, of course). If I had 3 high level characters, I don't want the prize three times, I only want it once as it should be. If I get it 2 more times by accident, I'll give it away (as a whole and/or in bits) to someone else with no cost or request those prizes be revoked or something to make it right.

this is a driller event, tourmaline can only be drilled

Yes, this is a drilling event, no you can't get Tourmalines only by drilling you can get them by Card ID as well and they count towards the event too.

Book Hunter

neturno

neturno

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Have 3 truths here.

1. No one needs six+ accounts.
  2. Is not fair do this.
  3. Need an IP solution.​

​That's it.

People create multiple accounts because they no longer want to depend on the help of players who are not always available then take away their right to not be able to use their accounts is wrong.

hovado

hovado

Game Advisor

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • IGN:RedSonja, BattleCattle
  • Class:fox, buff
  • Level:400

Maybe that required Event item could be obtained only from manual driiling?
Like Poseidon's Treasure.

• IMOGEN, bluesly and See Ya like this

Tartarus_Info_Banner.png

bluesly

bluesly

Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den

Maybe that required Event item could be obtained only from manual driiling?
Like Poseidon's Treasure.

If that's possible I'm 100% for that. My only concern right now is if tourmalines currently acquired will be invalid to all players if they make that change right now, unless that can be avoided.

Book Hunter

HirotoSenpai

HirotoSenpai

Game & Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 402 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:HirotoSenpai
  • Class:Buffalo

" Why do you need 6 accounts, is the first question that pops into my mind?! "

I'm playing this server since it started. How I said I have 19 characters. Usually, we were allowed to have just 3 characters per account at the beginning but it changed after some time.
I started to play trickster and when I was feeling bored in the same character I create a new one. Becuase of this, I have 19 characters / 6 accounts.  

• danielitan123 likes this

adrielmacedo

adrielmacedo

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationThe place where the person who is King of all the light touches reside
  • IGN:Keitar
  • Class:Sense+i
  • Level:Trying
After reading, think, do poop and talk to the both sides. I have a open view of the situation.
No one need to be penalized, do not have any rules about it, and I know, Its pretty ridiculous of this with varius accounts, and for profit is worse, but theres nothing we can do. Thats it. Don't have nothing to discuss.
We all know how to learn from mistakes and thats what gonna happen here.

1. The IP suggestion is awesome.
  2. RULES too.
  3. Monster Hunter event is awesome too. BUT with control. Yesterday I saw 10 bots that belong to the same person (Samename01 ... Samename15) farming low lv monster cards from "Blooming Cora" until "Path to Desert Beach", maybe some random task every 10 min? Drill, Hunt, Sleep, Talk and if you do not comply, you'll be teleported to the closest city (Like the Boss Skill).
  4. And less prized Drill Events.

Theres nothing we can do, the shit is done. Lets stop crying and play this awesome game!

Thanks for the debate.
Have a good afternoon.

adrielmacedo

adrielmacedo

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationThe place where the person who is King of all the light touches reside

Hahahaha :D

bluesly

bluesly

Cat Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationCat Den

At the very least it's nice to have a discussion about this than ignoring it...

• adrielmacedo likes this

Book Hunter

adrielmacedo

adrielmacedo

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Sure friend c:

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • IGN:TimertheBunneh
  • Class:Duelist
  • Level:240

I have always, always disliked drilling events. They're only a massive opportunity for mass account creation (for mules only) and in turn, they clog up the server. It irks me so much.

I will agree with putting some sort of IP verification in place. Rules may help, but we can't police everyone--someone is bound to slip through and break them right underneath our noses.

• HirotoSenpai and bluesly like this

TimertheBunneh (Duelist)Cyclonid (Gladiator)TemienNightshade (Dark Lord)

PiXieStiX (future Soul Master, elements water/elec)MadJungle (coon, 3rd job TBD)・Planning to make a Priest (for real this time)

Hyped for Paula? Here's a guide on what to expect!

Spoiler

wellanie

wellanie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:Wellanie

my opinion: your own fault for making drill events with good prizes, when this game has "afk drilling" 

if you want to stop this, remove driller boys or make hunting events only.

Dont remove the driller pet. it's a bad idea. :))

You know how hard to gain tm lvl.

Just consider the hunting event. =p

Rikimaru

Rikimaru

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • IGN:SubjectJuly30
  • Class:Champion

I guess he need to receive the prize because common sense isnt on the rules lol ... but, the next events need to have rules to extinguish these kinda of things. I've remembered soon eTO poppuri events on the beggining. They gave once, 25k MS and lots of stuff. The last events, they gave like 2k max. Its not only because it was crowded, but, because people did those things. This type of behavior in the game can destroy the events, and, yes, and after that, destroy a server and a long and good work that you guys made, and we made too.

However, we can't just don't do drill events, or JUST do hunting. But, big events like that, need to make people hunt and drill, IN MY OPINION. I know it may cause trouble in quests drops, and things like that. But, why dont do a event test? 5-10 days for a event of this type and see what people think about it. I guess its the best way.

Thanks~

• adrielmacedo likes this

hyokuanime

hyokuanime

Selfie Queen 2016 GM's #1 Choice

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSilent Hill
  • IGN:Hyokuanime/AkameBr
  • Class:Dark Lord/witch light
  • Level:350/320
Good night all!

Well my opinion is that: at first he did not do anything forbidden, but think about getting 7000 elixir in an event, if that is massive, and more players do this, would break the economy of the game, and it will be very bad, also is not good punish the other players with not good prizes in event, we can just change the way to do this.

One option in this event now already opened, would be to post in the forum the accounts with prints to have a control and a limit per person.

I don't like the idea to limit numbers of accounts, because sometime we want do PQ or create chars in another acc and will be boring this limitation.

For next events, I suggested using pvp (which in fact every patch would be nice to have a little catchy novelty) and also in favor of hunt event against only driller event.

Sorry for bad English, and hope this have a happy end for everyone.

HirotoSenpai

HirotoSenpai

Game & Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 402 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:HirotoSenpai
  • Class:Buffalo

I have always, always disliked drilling events. They're only a massive opportunity for mass account creation (for mules only) and in turn, they clog up the server. It irks me so much.

I will agree with putting some sort of IP verification in place. Rules may help, but we can't police everyone--someone is bound to slip through and break them right underneath our noses.

We haven't talked yet... but knows it: I already like you just because of this comment. <3 

• TimertheBunneh likes this

Celestica

Celestica

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • IGN:Celestica
  • Class:Soul Master
  • Level:300+

One other thing: removing events altogether could potentially be the nail in the coffin for the server. Players new and old like having things to do, it tends to keep the game fresh, especially on a game that's been discontinued for years. If there's absolutely nothing to do and everyone's gone through all of the content, then they will likely get bored and move on to another game. We need events that actually bring the community together and promote team work, rather than afk drill for days.

Stricter account creation restrictions/regulations might need to be in place. I know on certain MMOs if you had 100+ accounts you'd get permanently banned from the game, lol. It's just way too game breaking and royally screws up the in-game economy. If banning is completely out of the question, I just wouldn't reward the individual in question, or just limit the rewards to one account. There needs to be some kind of account cap for an exploit like this.

• MrSlaughter likes this

ME1iHnI.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: event, abuse, drilling, afk