Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3566 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

It seems that some players still continue to abuse drilling events. For example, there is a player who has made more than 100 accounts to be used for events such as the drilling event that we have ongoing right now.

In the past, there were players who have 20 accounts or so used just for afk drilling.

What do you guys think of this?

Should this player, for example, with his many accounts, get the rewards?

We genuinely want to give good things to our players, but it is disheartening to find that some people really do take advantage of our generosity. This is the kind of players that will sell such reward items to others later, jacking up prices for other players. 

The situation we face in this server is that we have limited working files on events, which is why we have to repeat events. 

Maybe we can skip events altogether?

Grimoire

Grimoire

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSomehwere
  • IGN:Howareyou
  • Class:HereandThere
  • Level:401

Can't make it an IP restriction? Only 1 IP can claim the reward, yet ofc people can just change their VPN's lol

Koiosu Hunter

apostatte

apostatte

Selfie Queen 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • IGN:Queen

Just let the abusers suffer, the people who do it legitimately shouldn't. 

Drilling events are dumb anyway

Death suits me better than the migraine in my head

Apostatte

wellanie

wellanie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:Wellanie

what i only hate about them is that i can't enter those maps where they are all drilling. i always get disconnected since my internet is so baaaaad af. :'(

andypandy123

andypandy123

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Locationgermany/Cuxhaven/northcoast
  • IGN:LuckyAndy
  • Class:Bomb
  • Level:Infinity

it should maximum be alowed to run 3 accounts at max so it is not that unfair but as i have seen it is not only about the event drillin some ppls have like 20 accounts running for tap mine to farm extremly galders and that is a bit hardcore i think, but yea its true the more accound the more abuse of the drill events it was always like this and i guess thats the reason why u will never do the sarahs boxes or emerald boxes drill event again i totally understand that but, cant we do some good hunting events instead so the multiple drill accounts have no use i think thats the best way to knock that out :)

• wellanie likes this

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
  • IGN:Orange
  • Class:PvP Guru
  • Level:Enough
Abusing events isn't the problem. The problem is the type of event. If you make a hunting event (with similar great prizes like currently) and someone abuses it, good for him! It would simply mean that he spent more time and effort into the game than others. However, the issue with drilling events is that they are "lazy/too easy". You simply recharge driller boy and AFK for a few days. Then the server is filled with AFKers instead of Royal parties and hunters.

Stopping events altogether would not be good for the game as then you would REALLY make the game pay to win.

Could implement PQ events and stuff like that.

P.S Aran I hope you read Aposate and my improvement/suggestion event on patch note. We have made some very good points for game improvement!

Have a nice weekend.
  • wellanie likes this

Stealing fire from Mt. Olympus like its no big deal.

~Prometheus                              

adrielmacedo

adrielmacedo

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationThe place where the person who is King of all the light touches reside
  • IGN:Keitar
  • Class:Sense+i
  • Level:Trying

I already got 600+ without the driller boy, just with pacience. And I have seen like more than 10 dudes with the same name and equips drilling in Pop Dungeon, for example...

"Event01"..."Event09", all with driller boy. And I think this is done in this way ~         "Event09" is done, got the goal of Torumaline?? Pass the driller to "Event10".

So I guess they should not win the prizes because it's just for making money from it, It's different from getting on our second or third account, It is the thought of those who do not know how to have fun and always takes advantage of the situations "I'm smart, they're dumb, I'm going to do it".

P.S. My guild gave me a 7 days Driller Boy for help me! Go go go OutLaw! Special Thanks to "Dourado" and "Julyson".

• bluesly likes this

maggielozzl

maggielozzl

Phantom School Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Just want to speak out my opinions...The nature of the event encourages multiple accounts, all drilling events have this problem, the player doesnt have to put effort to get reward no matter how many accounts he uses. AFK drilling is designed for this purpose..so do you think people who open multiple accounts to afk drill in mines are not supposed to earn such amount of money?? If the load of server is really too heavy i suggest not having driling events, instead we can have more hunting events.

Im bad in organizing my thoughts, hope you can get what I mean.

adrielmacedo

adrielmacedo

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationThe place where the person who is King of all the light touches reside

Just want to speak out my opinions...The nature of the event encourages multiple accounts, all drilling events have this problem, the player doesnt have to put effort to get reward no matter how many accounts he uses. AFK drilling is designed for this purpose..so do you think people who open multiple accounts to afk drill in mines are not supposed to earn such amount of money?? If the load of server is really too heavy i suggest not having driling events, instead we can have more hunting events.

Im bad in organizing my thoughts, hope you can get what I mean.

They are two different situations. You can not compare the taste of an apple and a banana only because they are fruits. In this event the person is taking advantage of the goodness of the staff, and in the mines they are only advancing a situation, which in this case would be mining many minerals.

• bluesly likes this

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

"Event01"..."Event09", all with driller boy. And I think this is done in this way ~         "Event09" is done, got the goal of Torumaline?? Pass the driller to "Event10".

So I guess they should not win the prizes because it's just for making money from it, It's different from getting on our second or third account, It is the thought of those who do not know how to have fun and always takes advantage of the situations "I'm smart, they're dumb, I'm going to do it".

I'd like to start off my saying that I plan on doing the event on around 6 characters because it will seriously help me making my AC gears on buffalo, and I have already given a lot for his HP set.

I don't think people who take advantage of events should be penalized, and drilling events should happen once in a while because it's a way to give back and help the community to have Myshop items for a lot cheaper.

I just don't think that they should be happening every other event. Because then you have the whole server just AFK drilling and AFK drilling, and then hunting maps are empty and no activity but AFK drilling.

As I said, could have very hard hunting events with very good prizes that people who tend to abuse event (I am sometimes one of those people due to the numerous EQuips I make for my cat/buff/sheep/lion) manage to only do the event on 3-4 characters.

~Prometheus                              

HirotoSenpai

HirotoSenpai

Game & Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:HirotoSenpai
  • Class:Buffalo

Probably you already know my opinion but here we are: Events should use the IP, not the account or idk, find another way to get a solution. For example, I have a friend who has 13 accounts and usually he uses all the 13 to drill in the same event and can we do? every event he gets all the prizes in all the accounts and it's ok for him but it's not for me. 

• Miviko and Shiomon like this

adrielmacedo

adrielmacedo

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Probably you already know my opinion but here we are: Events should use the IP, not the account or idk, find another way to get a solution. For example, I have a friend who has 13 accounts and usually he uses all the 13 to drill in the same event and can we do? every event he gets all the prizes in all the accounts and it's ok for him but it's not for me. 

This

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
Yea but that means you only get to do event on 1 character? I have 4 characters lv 300+ that I actively work on, and I think it's fair for me to be able to get 4 times the event prizes.. Usually the ones to "abuse" event are usually the ones that need to abuse the event to help them afford all the expenses they make on their gears.

~Prometheus                              

adrielmacedo

adrielmacedo

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

I'd like to start off my saying that I plan on doing the event on around 6 characters because it will seriously help me making my AC gears on buffalo, and I have already given a lot for his HP set.

So I guess they should not win the prizes because it's just for making money from it, It's different from getting on our second or third account.

If this is true, as I said, you should not be penalized. But it is 1 person of 10.

adrielmacedo

adrielmacedo

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
Have 3 truths here.

1. No one needs six+ accounts.
  2. Is not fair do this.
  3. Need an IP solution.​

​That's it.

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
So maybe increase the level for the event? A lv 30/40/50/60/70/80/90/100 have no reason to slot expand or compound with elixers. Perhaps make event for lv 110-130+?

~Prometheus                              

HirotoSenpai

HirotoSenpai

Game & Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:HirotoSenpai
  • Class:Buffalo

Yea but that means you only get to do event on 1 character? I have 4 characters lv 300+ that I actively work on, and I think it's fair for me to be able to get 4 times the event prizes.. Usually the ones to "abuse" event are usually the ones that need to abuse the event to help them afford all the expenses they make on their gears.

Have 3 truths here.

1. No one needs six+ accounts.
  2. Is not fair do this.
  3. Need an IP solution.​

​That's it.

About these 2 posts:

I have 19 characters and 9 accounts.  I need more than 6 accounts and I'm active in 7 characters, everyday I'm using the 7, but still no reason to do events with all of them

• Miviko likes this

MrSlaughter

MrSlaughter

#1 Charm 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationNetherlands
but then that's a choice you're making. You wouldn't be "abusing" if you were to do with all your accounts. Unless the other 7 characters are lv 30 AFK drillers.

I guess it comes down to the purpose of the accounts and their level. However, you cannot deprive an account from participating in an event because you believe it's "purpose" is to abuse events. On the other hand, you can monitor levels in order to eliminate all low levels from a using event.

~Prometheus                              

Kaiba

Kaiba

PVP King 1st Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 77 posts

my opinion: your own fault for making drill events with good prizes, when this game has "afk drilling" 

if you want to stop this, remove driller boys or make hunting events only.

• HirotoSenpai and Raia like this

Celestica

Celestica

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • IGN:Celestica
  • Class:Soul Master
  • Level:300+

Can you place a ban on those who are obviously exploiting such events? 100+ accounts is ridiculous. If they are exploiting it for profit, then this will probably break the already broken economy, lol.

I definitely agree that there needs to be some kind of IP restriction in place.

Edited by Celestica, 10 March 2017 - 09:04 PM.

ME1iHnI.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: event, abuse, drilling, afk