Celestica

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • IGN:Celestica
  • Class:Soul Master
  • Level:300+

I've done a bunch of sketches/hand drawings for Biology/Paleobiology-related work, and so I wanted to share some of this art with you all! I used prisma markers and prisma colored pencils for the details and pigment liner for the outlines. Occasionally I will dabble in charcoal to make it more 3Dish. (:

9hWBCHw.jpg
This is known as the Carnotaurus sastrei. Its name basically means "meat eating bull". It's a little smaller than the T-rex, with vestigial arms that served no particular purpose (they were way too small and spaced apart; probably couldn't grapple with prey/predators very well). I'm thinking the horns were used in intraspecific competition (I.e competing for mates) since they can be interlocked together.

MowVjJ8.jpg
Next up is the Parasaurolophus walkeri; a herbivorous duck-billed dinosaur with an odd-shaped crest on its skull. Thinking the crest was used for thermoregulation and vocalization.

rWDAb1Z.jpg

Just a standard sea turtle. Not sure which species I was aiming for, I think it's supposed to be Chelonia mydas.

tf1i9cF.jpgGeneric dragon surrounded by gold coins... Not really "biology" related, just wanted to draw a dragon for no real rhyme or reason.

86Wwruj.jpg

This is an Eastern Red-backed Salamander (Plethodon cinereus) in its lead morph. They are fascinating creatures to study!

Jb9J0z6.jpg
Einiosaurus procurvicornis. Never seen a ceratopsian dinosaur with a horn like that before!

EhFYisQ.jpg

Clan Jade Falcon symbol reimagined.

iXOVu5l.jpg
The Hatchling. Inspired by Jurassic World, haha.

OWRYsBT.jpg
Stibnite the Troodon. I was aiming for a weird "Stibnite-like" texture for the feathers/skin. The initial thought was, "Oh hey, why not combine mineral species with dinosaur species? That could be awesome and educational." Honestly, I'm not a fan of how this one turned out because it looks like Oscar the Grouch.

a2A3XCf.jpg

Highly stylized Archelon ischyros skull.

I apologize for the image size/quality. I hope they're not too big.

I need to get back into drawing again. If anyone has suggestions on what to draw next, that'd be awesome!

• Bongohead, hovado, Lizumi and 4 others like this

ME1iHnI.gif

Paylette

Paylette

Game & Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 598 posts
  • LocationTurning Salt into Sugar
  • IGN:Temmie
  • Class:Tem
  • Level:300

These are awesome! You're very

talented ^^

• Celestica likes this

Celestica

Celestica

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • IGN:Celestica
  • Class:Soul Master
  • Level:300+

These are awesome! You're very

talented ^^

Thank you for your kind words!! ^_^

ME1iHnI.gif

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • IGN:Tenma
  • Class:
  • Level:Watanabe

Now that's some talent I don't see everyday. Excellent Work.  That " Stibnite the Troodon" really caught my attention like "whoa". Anyway...keep it up with your talented artworks , because not everyone has it (including me).   :lol:

• Celestica likes this

BRUhmQq.gif