74 replies to this topic

Kebber

Kebber

Selfie Boy 2016

• Special Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

IGN: Ulfgar

Hmm I'm so old I have tons of stories I could tell you all but I'm not sure which to choose... Since its christmas time I guess I can go with one from around the same time about 20 years ago. Back then I was in elementary school and in the process of losing my baby teeth. I had lost 2 of my teeth on bottom about the same time, and because of all the medication I was on the news ones didn't grow in for a long time, so when it came to christmas time we would go around and sing at places in public and in school. Every time we would sing All I want for Christmas is my two Front Teeth I would be in the center and afterwards the people we were singing for would come up to me and say you really do just want your two front teeth don't you? It was a great time and ironic (looking backwards that is) how the timing was so well. I don't know if this is considered heart warming but you can look at it like this. The lesson here could be is don't get bothered by what you don't have and use what you do have to try to bring happiness to others. I'll have to see if I can find that picture of me missing my teeth but that will be sometime after christmas.

Hehehe...!

796fefd0e4.jpg

You have not asked for anything but I'll send you Arno Bath Towel hat.

I've comped it with WT but there's 2 more slot still empty.

~ aran

• Aran, Mizzo, Lvl5vaporeon and 1 other like this

edwardeichie

edwardeichie

Selfie Boy 2016

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • IGN:Illyasveil
  • Class:Witch
  • Level:304
Spoiler

IGN: Illyasveil

Being in New Zealand, we are one of those who celebrate first, any occasion, in the world.
Christmas is no exception. I was walking down Queen Street earlier and found this 2-story
Lego Christmas tree in front of the town hall. It's even more beautiful at night when the background
Lights light up the entire area. This is my first time to celebrate Christmas in New Zealand, and i'm really missing home. Wish i could celebrate every Christmas with my family. Although I'm all too excited about whats going to come down a few hours from now. We are gathering up our friends later for the Christmas countdown. I hope everyone's happy just as we are. Merry Christmas everyone!

P.S. I don't know how to rotate it cause it was upright when i uploaded it. XD

Nice!

~ aran

dc322b949e.jpg

• Aran, Mizzo and Lvl5vaporeon like this

Tom

Tom

Selfie Prince 2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:LeKat
  • Class:Prima
  • Level:13X

*sad-heartwarming(ish) story ahead*

Spoiler

IGN: LeKat

I like this song. I actually watched it for the first time in the cinema.

My condolence to you about your grandfather.

May you have a blessed year ahead.

~ aran

• Aran, Mizzo and Woofy like this

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

IGN: Hyato

I am currently visiting family and I am spending time with my dog. He is almost 20 years old and I've had him since i was 4. We grew up together, so it is definitely difficult for me to see weakened. He still enjoys our usual early morning walk. However, there were a few times in which he got too exhausted and had to stop for a break. Time like that freaked me out. I've been cutting down the duration of our walk to ensure his health. Since I am studying in the states, I can only spend time with him when I come back to Asia. Therefore, I am trying to spend as much time as possible with him. BTW, his name is Hound-doom.

IMG_20161224_102738.jpg

God bless you both.

~ aran

• Aran likes this

Joshua Cua

Joshua Cua

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

IGN: Corny

*Based on a true story. I just wanted to share to you all because it is somewhat related to Christmas.

I have a friend who collects snowglobes, but has never seen/felt real snow. So I asked him when does he plan to go abroad during Christmas to actually see snow. He told me, "Never because I made a stupid bargain with myself a long time ago. I promised myself that I would shatter all my snowglobes if I am able to see real snow."

HAHAHA. Well, I have a really nice present for him this year! ;)

b356a94332.jpg... especially when it stops us from growing further in our lives. :)

~ aran

p/s - You have not asked for a gift. I'll send you Amaryllis Wings.

• Aran and Joshua Cua like this

GhostSteps

GhostSteps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

IGN: GhostSteps

Id like to tell about my ign.
Im always having trouble picking in game names and i was thinking a lot about how should i call my char cause i couldnt find a proper name
i am a musician and one day i was just sitting in front of the piano and started writing a song
And was thinking the best thing is to see but never be seen so you see everything but you stay a mystery
And one of the lines in the song was you can't hear a ghost walking.

Happy new year to everyone and happy playing!

f416408fff.jpg 

~ aran :)

• Aran likes this

GhostSteps

GhostSteps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:D IGN : GhostSteps

I would like to tell another story
About the people that are born in december.
My girlfriend has a birthday next week
And i remember i saw a comedy show ( cant remember the name of it )
That people who are born on Christmas lie that they were born in the summer so people would give them 2 gifts
Instead of a combined one on christmas their birthday and for holiday
I think they all deserve some support haha
Anyway happy holidaya once again!! 🎁🎁🎁🎁

41370d1c21.jpg

~ aran  :)

• Aran likes this

Bongohead

Bongohead

Tree Sap

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • IGN:Geepie
  • Level:399.9

So I've already told you about the name I'm using as a forum username, now it's the time for some of my IGNs:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I know of a Blooregard Q Kazoo.

a8bc15951e.jpg d998cef478.jpg

c2628ddeb4.jpg

~ aran

• Aran, Bongohead, Paylette and 1 other like this

KuroAyaa

KuroAyaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • IGN:MissAwesomeness
  • Class:Primadonna
  • Level:216

BiNLYAm.jpg

IGN: MissAwesomeness

This is my favorite brand of peppermint chocolates. To me, the sweet, coolness of peppermint pairs really well with the dark chocolate's bitterness. I recently started sometimes making coffee and then melting one of these truffles into it. It's perfect for a cold winter day^  ^.

Hope everyone had a great holiday, and happy new year.

That sounds delicious. ^.^

~ aran

• Aran and MonCheri like this

radianametroid

radianametroid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

IGN:Sachichan

Hello, uhh well this is my first post in this forum and I don't really know if I wanted anything. (Sorry for my bad english, I hope it will be understandable. )

I have a sad story.

People always asks me why I draw. I loved to draw when I was 8 and I love to do it now that I am 23. And now I have a goal. Make my aunt really proud. The thing is, my aunt died in 2013. She was a painter and a really hard alcoholic. When I was younger I believed in fairy tales, but now I believe in that one thing you make your own fairy tale. I hope one day my aunt looking down at me with big smile and will be proud of me. How she died? She had mental problems, alcohol problems and had 2 brain cancer. In the last month she lost her brain control and forgotten everything. My dad is with her like 1 week and told me before she died she woke up from this state of mind and told him that God is real and we have to be strong because good things will come later, not now, we have to fight really hard for the next few years, but will.

If you know me(you not, it's my first post here) you know what kind of a person I am. Actually a big pessimist and have fights with our dear God. I am a Catholic, I made amends with him, but my past pulled away me from God. The last 5 years was really hard. Loosing people, myself, my mother and father divorce soon and I just lost my job.

You can say I am an unlucky person, but I still can draw and I am happy about that. I will draw no matter what. I wanted to make people happy with my art. I wanted to make my aunt proud and knowing her she never would lie about God. She was a pretty big Christian.

So I never give up...

I am going to post my last art here. Happy New Year Everyone. 

https://murieren.tum...st/155129938293

I wish you everything good in the world. May you be happy, loved and blessed always.

5716b62480.jpg

~ aran

• Aran, Lvl5vaporeon and DarkRepulser like this

Entire

Entire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

IGN: Entire

I would actually like to tell about this show im watching called WestWorld

It tells about this option to go to a park with different narratives and live the narrative 
Such as ( The middle ages/ The cowboys era and such .. ) 

You feel in this story but you can't get hurt so you can fullfill all your fantasies 

It makes me think how awesome it would be in real life 

( Don't want to ruin it for anyone )so i highly recommend it !  

Imagine living in a west world..

There's a movie called Vice. It has the same theme, but it is darker.

af5ed6cdfe.jpg

~ aran

• Aran likes this

Snitzer

Snitzer

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • IGN:Kuroni
  • Class:Priest
  • Level:150

IGN: Kuroni

Christmas came early for me this year. On March, my cousin told me she was going to college and was thinking of moving in. We've been making plans since that day, things we were going to do when she comes and all this kind of stuff. On early December she finally had a confirmation she was coming, and would be arriving by next year, on February.
If 2016 wasn't that great, I hope 2017 comes at full speed, it already looks incredible!

Happy new year to you and your cousin.

May the two of you have great adventures together in the new year.

d91185e909.jpg

~ aran

• Aran likes this

Snitzer

Snitzer

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • IGN:Kuroni
  • Class:Priest
  • Level:150

As a Trickster related story, I thought it would be nice to have another post for it:

This one is for how good my staying in this game was, during 2016.

At the beginning I thought it would be like every other MMO I've ever played, where I could just play the game alone and it would be already fun.
Even if it was actually fun to play alone for sometime, I thought playing with friends would be quite better. I've had invited some friends back then but they played only for a month or so, we had fun, don't get me wrong, but they had grown tired really fast (perhaps because they did not enjoy the MMO style).

Then, once at Megalopolis I had seen a camp with a recruitment message. I thought the name was cool and all and applied for it, I could always quit the guild if I didn't like it, so I gave it a shot.
Few moments later, I've found a guy named Int3lz3r0 and we started chatting about in-game stuff as quests, characters, etc. We kept talking for quite the time and then, the next day, I realized he had applied to the same guild I did the day before.

We both joined the same guild and met incredible people there (Naives, Yukary, Myako, Loraelei, Hyuuga and even those who I haven't listed here). We had a lot of fun together throughout the year.

We both advanced to 3rd job almost at the same time (after a lot of CT grinding) though I've changed mains and advanced a Wind/Earth Sheep to Witch (which he helped me with the materials and quests for it).

We've been advancing since then, from around lvl 85 until now, at 193, and I'd probably do it all over again, if you are reading this I've had a great time playing with you bro hahah.

Below are the screenshots when we advanced to 3rd job:

695eb05578.jpg

949b14ae2e.jpg

Lovely!

I fell in love with someone in the game once.

It broke my heart.

Enjoy your friendship with the friends online, but take care of your heart!

d1b76c5d1c.jpg

~ aran

• Aran likes this

monaaa

monaaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

IGN: iAwsome/iGoogle.

I was thinking what to post... i wanted to be something special.. but i guess that everybody is spending their holidays with family members or friends :D, or idk that's what i'm doing :P. Well guys what can i say, Merry X-mas , happy new year, enjoy your Holidays and enjoy life :P.

Happy new year.

~ aran

• Aran likes this

rage42

rage42

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

IGN LadiesMan04218

I would like to greet everyone a Happiest New Year.. Time for a new start, this year I am hoping to make it to another Country and make a new start. Hopefully my DeutschKurs will guide me to my next steps for new challenges.. Thanks for this event..

Happy new year.

~ aran

• Aran likes this

shobondama

shobondama

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:shoobs
  • Class:sheep
  • Level:~150

IGN: shoobs

HI!!! 

This is my first time posting on this forum, I hope to get to know you guys more!! 

Recently I've been working throughout the Christmas/New Years' season... so it has been a bit hard to feel the festive spirit!.. 

(I mean I do vend holiday merchandise as part of a fundraiser company but uh... charity work is hard work) 

Pretty grateful for the Christmas event that was on Trickster, I absolutely love the Winter Christmas Aesthetic... if anyone knows what I mean! 

I miss the snow, the food, the biting cold but warmth from friends and family... and the ugly Christmas clothes that are absolutely adorable hehe 

This year unusually as a family we didn't travel overseas so stuck in summer, so it's a lovely reprieve from the super hot reality that we have live in! 

I am not much of an artist, but mfw christmas/new year season if you wish to see but IM SORRY I DIDN'T REALISE HOW BIG IT IS 

Spoiler

Hoping everyone have a blessed and beautiful holidays this season  :) 

47ab0dc090.jpg

~ aran

• Aran and Lvl5vaporeon like this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3566 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief
  • Level:400

Thank you to everyone who posted. I will look at the messages you have sent to my inbox and will give your gifts as soon as I am free to do so.

ad96ddab52.jpg

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 3566 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief

I really have fun reading the posts here.

I am going to open this thread again.

Those who post can ask for a gift from me, but I may take time to respond because of real life time constraint.

If you asked for items from MyShop box as your gift, I would only be able to give you skin.

If you didn't ask for anything, I'll send you random item.

I will be posting in here as well, time permitting. 

I love reading the posts here. 

It's a glimpse into your heart and soul. 

853cef1ae3.jpg

-PolkaMocha-

-PolkaMocha-

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA
  • IGN:Okaasan
  • Class:Librarian lel
  • Level:16

Well since this is open again,

A fun story I can tell is probably the time I went sledding with my younger sister when I was in I think 5th grade? 5th grade was a terrible year for me because I was a really bad kid, and I ditched class and disobeyed teachers and hurt other kids.

Anyway, It had been a really boring and slow day after tons of snow had fallen. My mom came in and suggested we go sledding. I really didn't want to, but something told me I should. I decided to invite my sister along. Once my mom dropped us off at this hill by our school, I found out soon after we were the only ones there. It was incredibly boring because my little sister needed me to help her back up the hill every time and wanted help being pushed off.

Over time though, I realized how awful I was being. You could see it in my sister's eyes that she was only sledding to try and cheer herself up, that she wasn't really having fun because of my bad attitude. She was quiet and to herself while I barked orders and complained. I decided to shake myself out of it, even if it meant faking it.

I decided it would be more fun to build a hill. so me and my sister got to work and built this monstrous mound of snow in the middle of the hill. Then, we decided to share a sleigh and slide down together. I remember the adrenaline we both saw in each others eyes sitting at the top of that hill while I counted down.

When we slide down and hit the bump and flew into the air, I remember my sister's 9 year old voice shout, "We're flying!!" , because it really did feel like we were airborne for so long, I even thought maybe we were flying. Then, we screamed as we fell back to the ground as our stomachs flipped, shattered the sled and rolled a few times.

After a moment of silence, we laughed so hard, and we didn't even know what we were laughing about. We would look at each other, break out in laughter while laying in the snow, quiet down, and do it all over again. Eventually we managed to get ourselves up, still giggling like a bunch of dorks, and pushed the other sled we left behind up the hill, but we were laughing so hard, our knees would buckle and we would just collapse and slide down the hill half way while cracking up.

We never made it up the hill again, but made several laughter filled attempts. I remember seeing how real her smile was. At the time, she was the youngest of two bully-like siblings, so she never did this a lot. I guess that's what made that so special. Afterword,we walked home talking about a bunch of stupid funny stuff to make each other laugh like fart noises and weird sounding words to ignore the cold, and once we got home, I tried making us some hot chocolate. It didn't taste too good, because I didn't use enough chocolate syrup. But we drank it at the kitchen table staring at each others red noses still giggling here and there.

To this day, I have no idea what was so funny. I have no clue as to why we laughed after falling. But I'll always remember that as one of the warmest times in such a cold period of my life.

IGN: xXPolkaMocha

Some sisters become best friends with each other. Some sisters become enemies. (Some go to the extreme of enmity; think Joan Fontaine and Olivia De Havilland). Most sister relationships are somewhere in between.

I am the youngest girl in my family. I have 2 older sisters (and 2 older brothers and a younger brother). My oldest sister got married early and moved away from home. Because my dad was always away working in another country, and my mom was always busy, my second sister ended up the de facto carers for the rest of us. For my brothers, being boys, they were not strictly ruled by my sister, but when it came to me, she was very strict. It didn't help that there are many years apart between me and her. I was always afraid of my sister when I was young, and she never seem to want to spend time with me doing anything fun. She was the reason why I wanted to get away from home so much, and the only way I knew how to do it was by winning scholarship and study as far away as possible. Which I did. Eventually, years of being apart, and maturity soften the memories, I came back and found that she was gentler and kinder. She no longer treated me like a burden. She said she was happy all her younger siblings achieved much more than she ever did. Now we remain close and I am glad that age and time allow us to reach our reconciliation.

Thank you for sharing your story. I have an understanding of why you and your sister laughed so much that day. If I have had that moment with my sister, perhaps my life trajectory would have been different.

You did not ask for anything but I am sending you a Le Sitar Belt through AH. Please check your pm. :)

~ aran

• Aran likes this

danielitan123

danielitan123

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • IGN:Kukilldanielit/danielitan
  • Class:buffalo

I would like to tell u about my fiesta time lol.
I think fiesta its a really fun event,i like do fiesta and listen to music like tracks and make the time fun.
So i think about why not getting 400 lol already 1.5 year here and no 400.
Than i go and trying to get 400, so i have a 5 days holiday and vacation i lv up 357-381 than something happend lol i heard when u get 381 the exp go up very slow lol than i understed that 400 isnt easy so hmm i have 20-30 fiestas to get 400 :D.
Ty for reading hope its good.

You'll get there soon.

You could also try doing quests. Tap Spa quests have good exp.

~ aran

• Aran likes this