• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

phungdang

phungdang

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Just as the title stated, im having hard time deciding on going Water/Elec soul master or light witch .

+I do charge MS point, but not much

Im well aware about the opinions on both of the classes ( SM is squishy, light witch might be too boring ) If you may, please give an insight of how much more damage SM has to light witch, and how tanky could light witch be, provided that we use average gear.

I was wondering, if soul master dies easily provided that you'd use altiverse all the way til 200 ( oh and if its possible give me a better alternative gear to altiverse ? )

Thanks in advance

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

Soul Master

• Relatively squishy unless you compound HP into your equips (10k should be enough until 200-ish, which you should have around 20k+ if you don't have enough DP, especially when grinding at CT), if you have enough HP to tank the damage, then you can just spam heal.
  • One of the pros of getting an Elec SM is that you get another large area AoE, Staff of Thunder (flashiest skill in the game, in my opinion haha), it can hit 5 targets max and has a low MA requirement for high damage, unlike other AoE skills so it's very good for grinding since it also has a relatively low cooldown. You can cycle it with Electro Attack (and Tesla Field) for grinding.
  • Extremely good at bossing and mine party quests, especially since you're Water/Elec. The spaces (domains) boost your damage by a ton, I'm not even joking lol.

Light Witch

• Lower damage unless you have high MA.
  • Extremely tanky with Shield of Heaven, never die (unless you forget to recast SoH when it runs out lol).
  • You only need to focus on building MA, and LK if you want to boss.
  • Has a hard time climbing CT because they can't kill the bosses efficiently due to lack of damage, even though they can tank the hits. I'm guessing it wouldn't be as hard though since you're Water/Elec (they're the best at bossing among all the elemental combinations, because of Shard of the Glacier mainly, -24% Elec Resist Debuff).
  • Skills for grinding include, Electro Attack, Radiant Strike and occasionally Tesla Field/Light Wave.
  • Radiant Strike is pretty good, low MA requirement as well for high damage, but only hits 3 targets.

The spaces debuff for -18%. So it amplifies your damage by 18% at Master. Since you're Water/Elec, if you go SM, the space you'll be using is Undine's Garden to boost your Elec skills on bosses. The damage goes up even more if you have Elec Attribute compounded to your items (weapon, accessory, shield, or face mask). If you stack Shard of the Glacier with Undine's Garden, you'll be doing a truckload of damage to bosses since it'll reduce their Elec Resist to -42%.

For Shield of Heaven, the shield you get depends on your MA. The formula is MA x 4500%. So if you have 500 MA, you get a 22,500 HP Shield from Shield of Heaven. Light Shield in itself is good, even if you have average DP.

If you use Altiverse Shields and probably a cape or a vest compounded with HP (or if you have a sprint that's compounded with HP), then you wont die so much. For staves, there aren't a lot of Elec Attr Compoundable Staves... so that's a downside. There's Altiverse Maiden Staff at 290 though. There's a Little Cletta Spear at 190 as well if you can find one and afford it. You can get good items from the Carved Wooden Boxes, in-game (2m each box for a random item). You can always check the Auction House for some good deals. Powerful Stick for 215 is good as well, it can get 100+ MA base and if you refine it, it has really good MA.

edit: sheep master race

phungdang

phungdang

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I'd have , say , 20k MS a month, and only MA/LK build, that means its better to go Light Witch ?

The reason is i dont think i can afford Elec attribute cash shop gear :(

I actually liked the sound of SM based on what you said though

koromia

koromia

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • IGN:Espy
  • Class:Sheep
  • Level:3XX

Honestly, to fund a elec/water light witch you probably need a lot of MyShop equips like Custom Blood Shield and several goodies from boxes and myshop (like glasses and stuff)

phungdang

phungdang

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

So Soul master needs less funding than witch, and less dependent on elect attribute increase ?

Paige

Paige

Tenter Lion Researcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1122 posts
  • IGN:

Light Mages need less funding than Soul Masters. Light Mages only need MA and LK, while Soul Masters need both MA and LK, along with HP and a little of DP and AC. Sheeps in general depend on attribute to deal a lot of damage. Their damage without it though is good as is. I sort of agree though that you might need an Elec Attr Face Mask in the long run, especially if you want to grind in the higher CT floors like CT56 or CT62. You wont really have much trouble bossing though, especially if you get a guardian later on.

If you have an auto-loot pet, like Lord Lycan, you can farm gold really fast just by grinding, especially if you're going to go Soul Master. They can just stand there with Blessings and you'll earn gold really fast haha. 

Based on my personal preference though, I enjoy playing Soul Masters more. There's more risk and more damage.

koromia

koromia

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • IGN:Espy
  • Class:Sheep
  • Level:3XX

The only thing is, in this server you won't get very far from just galders alone if you wanted to twink your character in a short time.

Like you HAVE to buy MyShop because not a lot of people care about galders in the end.

phungdang

phungdang

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Both of them benefits from Elec.attri, soul master will benefit more right ?

So we have koromia voting for Witch, and Paige for SM xD

Versalia

Versalia

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • IGN:

Are you gonna be PvE?

I've been using a pure HP SM since the server has started. I've done water/elec, fire/elec, and wind/earth. In my opinion, it's much more fun, and has tons of damage. You only really need a decent DP shield that's refined to survive PvE. My soulmasters have enever been squishy, and I haven't bought myshop in years. 

Also, on a different sever that shall not be named, I was a pure HP sheep with no myshop, and I did fine in damage.

I've only ever had one light witch and I deleted it. But obviously shield of heaven will keep you alive.

Water/elec might be strong, but it's probably gonna need the most funding IMO. It does raw damage, but the skills miss, constantly. By skills I mean the essential Shard of Glacier. I enjoyed wind/earth much better. In fact, I found it to be easier to boss with this combo. 

y2Sr9.gif

poppuri2009

poppuri2009

Desert Beach Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Locationdaejeon korea
  • IGN:Poppuri2009
  • Level:400
Zzzz yes sou mama ~ ez game ez life

phungdang

phungdang

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

I've already chosen elec, havent chose the 2nd element. Might have gone earth wind too if the reset skill isnt too expensive

Versalia : What gear were you using ?

Edit : Another question is Fire/Elec and Water/Elec which one has more damage ? I might just go Soul master based on the votes

Versalia

Versalia

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • IGN:

I've already chosen elec, havent chose the 2nd element. Might have gone earth wind too if the reset skill isnt too expensive

Versalia : What gear were you using ?

Edit : Another question is Fire/Elec and Water/Elec which one has more damage ? I might just go Soul master based on the votes

I was using myshop box acc, powerful gold rod, red cape ( in game I think) and some other stuff. Not too expensive, given I used the same equips for like 150-2XX.

Water/Elec does more damage, however, fire still does a lot, and offers more AoE for grinding. 

y2Sr9.gif

Kita

Kita

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • IGN:BunnyLarua
  • Class:3-E Kunugigaoka J.H.S.

fire/elec is better for PVE in general, water/elec is mostly best used for boss hunting or PVP.

soul master is better for fire/elec or water/elec, as they're both ranged nukers.

only for wind/earth does a light witch makes sense, it helps you sustain better up close, as windblade is literally melee.

phungdang

phungdang

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Can you guys vote between Water/Elec and Fire/Elec ? :P 

Once i get to 110, is it better to use altiverse or other gear ? If other gear please give me a few names