• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Xeexuku

Xeexuku

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I am closing in on the choice (lvl 121), however - I am not sure what to pick, yet. Wanna help me?

I am using water/lightning, what would be best to go? What does higher damage? My guess is that Dark Witch has higher single target whilst SM has better AOEs, but my build is quite luck-based, Thunderbolt can do enormous damage but sometimes it just barely scratches the enemy. if I go SM that would mean more AOEs but don't I already have enough of them? (Electro attack and Tesla Field).

Thank you!

Nesuki

Nesuki

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • IGN:Souuu
  • Class:Dark Lord
  • Level:135

Soul master does highest burst damage with the spaces + shard of the glacer in the long run + elemental attribute, however, you shouldn't trust shard of the glacier + thunderbolt combo if you have imput delay, otherwise you'll need perfect timing for it to actual land you'll be really squishy, there is a difference as a witch when you use dark barrier even if it isn't as strong as shield of heaven.

It's more feasible to do shard of the glacier and electroshock/staff of thunder while tesla field is doing DoT damage, which will also noticeably change when you apply shard of the glacier.

Witch might have the best DoT damage if you combo it with hellfire/wicked flame + that fire skill which i don tremember the name now ;;, she has 2 stronger single target spells and a rly strong but slow AoE, they're strong enough that you're probably using your dark skills more than your elemental skills, remember that magician dark skills can't be upgraded with elemental equips, in contrast to bard/soul master, so probably in the rly endgame/longrun, Soul master will deal the highest magical damage out of the two classes, however, Witch is more versatile having consistent high damaging spells instead of depending of debuffs for burst damage, they also have defensive options if you ever want to pvp, soul master is harder to prepare in the early game and for pvp, i personally enjoy both.

TL;DR : If you want to deal with the luck and have good latency/patience then Soul master is for you

If you want to have consistent powerful spells without the need of spaces and debuffs, and relatively good defense and a nice DoT combo and like the                red dress then Witch is for you

Sorry, i've misread, i thought you were fire/elec for a sec, anyway, dark has stronger single target spells than soul master's water skill, then again soul master has to be more with debuffing the enemy first for maximun damage.

Edited by Nesuki, 12 August 2016 - 05:54 AM.

Bongohead

Bongohead

Tree Sap

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • IGN:Geepie
  • Level:399.9

I think Dark hybrids are a waste or potential because they don't take in attr for more damage, only Dark Lords do (and their damage is awesome), and you don't wanna sacrifice attr to try to get more MA for dark attacks.

You already have one of the most powerful attacks (shard+bolt) so it's not really worth it.

Then honestly you can either go Light witch for an "easier" path -SoH will spare you from worrying about HP until you get to Ed or Tartarus, which is a looong way- or if you want a balanced build with support (heart's grace, basic healing), survivavility (any healing skill, SoH, Light Shield, Oath) and the skills you already have;

oooor Soul Master for Blessings, a really good boost to your Shardbolt combo (territory or domain or idr what's the name, lowers resistance to Elec which works as a second Shard), and another grinding skill (SoT).

If you have either patience or money, SM is really worth it, and if not, Light Witch is good anyway.

P.S.: Shardbolt needs decent MA and Elec. attribute to work, so until you have equips with that (and to survive too), I'd reccommend using your other attacks.