SheepieChan

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • IGN:SheepieMeow
  • Class:Sheep

Hello fellow players,

My IGN is Foxsaysmoo, and I'd like to bring your attention to a player to see if they can get a consequence for scamming me.

Today, a player by the name of UdyrBR (buffalo) was selling a tenter lion spear (5 slots, over 500% attribute). As someone who is collecting the set, I kindly messaged the player to see the prices. When I asked, he said around 1.2 billion galders or 300k ms points. Then he said he'll trade the spear for an item called [JP]Kell Usu Spada and 200m galders. I didn't want to trade with the sword and wanted to buy it with ms points since it's more safe and reliable, but he really pushed for the trade idea. When I insisted that I'll buy the spear with MS points and wanted to see the stats, he kept replying that "bro you should just get the spear and trade with me." As I desperately wanted the set, I went on AH to see if the sword he wanted was there - it was being sold for 30k ms points (lvl 4 refined, BROKEN, darkness attribute compounded) by a player named Kaurou.

When I asked the player if this is what he wanted, he said yes. He said, "wow, it was 200k yesterday, but it dropped to 30k." I double checked and reconfirmed with the player to see if this is the one, then he said yes. He said he would get on his bunny since his bunny had the spear. I said okay, and prepared the items - 30k ms for the spear, and 40k ms points to get 240m galders at AH - in total, I spent around 53k MS points just to get ready to trade with this player. Then this player friend requested me - and asked if I have the sword. I said yes. I relogged in to receive the sword in my inventory.

When I told him I had the sword and wanted to trade, he logged off. He hasn't gotten on since and I'm very frustrated since I spent so much MS points for an item that's supposedly be used for a trade. I looked into their names on forums and I guess Kaurou has been someone who've scammed someone in the past :
http://board.playtri...mmer/?hl=kaurou

Khloebunni, on 29 Oct 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:snapback.png

Do you have any screenshots?

I can't confirm or deny any scamming but when I asked about his Tspear earlier, he asked me for a cheri sword and 200mil for it.

This situation looks EXACTLY like my situation only two years ago...a tenter lion spear, asking for a specific item, and 200 million. Coincidence? I think not. 

I'm guessing the seller of this item was his alternate account/character or something and just wanted MS points for an item. Please help me with this situation. I took screenshots of what I could.

I've already informed the GM's about this unfortunate situation, and I'm sharing with all of you so you guys don't make the same mistake that I made.

Thank you,

Foxsaysmoo

If the Picture links don't work, here are the URL's for the pics:

http://tinypic.com/r/incp34/9

http://tinypic.com/r/j7vmuo/9

http://tinypic.com/r/2d1sljo/9

http://tinypic.com/r/28sriv8/9

incp34.jpg

j7vmuo.jpg

2d1sljo.jpg

28sriv8.jpg

2016 Video Event Winner

2017 Wings Event Winner

msn61j.gif

danielitan123

danielitan123

Count Blood's Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • IGN:Kukilldanielit/danielitan
  • Class:buffalo
  • Level:400
I hope he get ban and u get all back.i so hate scamers...
  • SheepieChan likes this

talestyrone

talestyrone

Rose Garden Explorer

• Special Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationPlaying Trickster
  • IGN:AgilityCarrier
  • Class:Cat
  • Level:???

That's absolutely pathetic, I really hope that the staff members do take action against these players.

The staff of the game can check if the names are linked to an account so hopefully you can be refunded from this.

Good luck on this.

• SheepieChan likes this

Posted Image

Posted ImageBLOOD FLOWERPosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

SheepieChan

SheepieChan

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

I hope he get ban and u get all back.i so hate scamers...

That's absolutely pathetic, I really hope that the staff members do take action against these players.

The staff of the game can check if the names are linked to an account so hopefully you can be refunded from this.

Good luck on this.

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot!

I really do hate scammers...they ruin the game.

2016 Video Event Winner

2017 Wings Event Winner

msn61j.gif

talestyrone

talestyrone

Rose Garden Explorer

• Special Members
  • 652 posts

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot!

I really do hate scammers...they ruin the game.

Trying to make this deal with a BR player in-game but whenever it comes to me selling them the item they seem to go afk - this has happened like 4 times already.

Might be the same person, not sure. (Not taking any risks)

EDIT: He did end up buying my items so it may be a false alarm with this one player as the few BR scammers are giving them a bad rep in general.

• SheepieChan likes this

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Deity

Deity

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • IGN:God
  • Class:AP/AC/AIR KING

Trying to make this deal with a BR player in-game but whenever it comes to me selling them the item they seem to go afk - this has happened like 4 times already.

You should report that person.

@OP, good luck on getting this resolved. I'm sure it'll go in your favor - the staff has a track-record of banning scammers.

• SheepieChan likes this

SheepieChan

SheepieChan

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

@OP, good luck on getting this resolved. I'm sure it'll go in your favor - the staff has a track-record of banning scammers.

Thanks Deity!

2016 Video Event Winner

2017 Wings Event Winner

msn61j.gif

KokoLuv

KokoLuv

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • IGN:Xillia
  • Class:Elec/Fire Nekomimi
  • Level:226

It's a real shame people like this exist. One of the reasons I love Trickster is cause the community is fantastic; people like this are trash.

I'm pretty familiar with this type of scam in a few other games. Usually the scammer either has an alt account or has a friend help out. For example, in Maplestory back in the day, you'd have one guy on one side of the marketplace saying something like "B>60% Glove Attack for 15 mill". On the other end of the marketplace, he'd have his friend saying "S>60% Glove for Attack for 10 mill". The scroll was only worth like 8 mill, but players would think "Hey, if I spend an extra 2 mill for that 10m Glove scroll, I can make 5m profit!". Moment you purchase the 10m scroll, the other guy either logs off or doesn't accept the trade requests and you're basically out on 2m assuming you even manage to resell the scroll for 8m.

Not exactly the same, but the principle behind it is. You offer ridiculously attractive bait to sell the second item at an inflated price essentially.

GL getting it resolved in your favor! In the end, it'll come down to the GM's/Aran's discretion, but, for what it's worth, I think it's really clear you were deliberately scammed.

Tsunayoushi

Tsunayoushi

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden.
  • IGN:Tsunayoushi
  • Class:Lion

I shall share my opinion on this matter.

You are minorly responsible for this incident, Foxsaysmoo. You should not have purchased the item (Kell Usu Spada). You should have explained to them that if they wanted the Kell Usu Spada, you could purchase the Tenter Lion Tail Spear for 300K MyShop Points; they could then purchase the Kell Usu Spada + way more than 200M. They would save more than 200K MyShop Points (more than 1B Galders). Only that thought makes the entire transaction extremely suspicious, no matter how less thoughtful the seller could be.

But you are not the one to blame, as this case is definitely considered a scam. The player that you were dealing with conned you, and I would assume that most players would fall for such a scam (as not many even expect players to dare scam others).

The player that you were dealing with deserves to be punished.

I am sorry for your loss & I sincerely hope that it could be resolved by the Staff Members.

EDIT: He did end up buying my items so it may be a false alarm with this one player as the few BR scammers are giving them a bad rep in general.

It is extremely reckless & disrespectful for both of you to proclaim such.

BR Stands for "Brazil"/"Brazilian", and several players have chosen to display the tag along with their name. Not only in Trickster Online, but in other games as well.

Even if you were not aware of such, you should not be making any estimations of players displaying a similar tag, even if they were a little bit suspicious.

One or two scammers that own a "BR"-Tag in their name does definitely not mean that every player that own the tag is considered a scammer (or perhaps suspicious).

You should not attempt to report a player for being suspicious or perhaps them being related to a scammer as they "might be a potential scammer themselves".

I am going to assume that you are already aware of this, but that you were too bothered by UdyrBR to the point where you became way too cautious.

Again, I am only sharing my thoughts & opinion.

Thank You.

-Regards.
Tsunayoushi, Leader of Lunatics.

• Bongohead likes this

Former Challenger Team (EUW) on League of Legends, grounded & created by Swedish Players.

We stand for might, respect, patience, honor and strength.

Lunatics' Raffle #1 | Lunatics' Raffle #2

We are Lunatics!

Join & become one of us.

Deity

Deity

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

It is not extremely reckless, nor disrespectful for me to proclaim such (reporting suspicious activity). My decision to report that player has no part to do with the race or ethnicity of the seller - the fact that one perceives it as so shows poor judgement.

talestyrone claims that four (assumingly consecutive) people have tried to buy an item from him, all of which were not responsive at the time of the actual transaction. That is a reason for suspect for the odds of this happening is very low, and I trust that talestyrone must have followed-up with the buyer afterwards with no reply (doubly suspicious). It would be appropriate to report this person. If the person indeed has a history of scamming, then we may have saved potential victims. Even in real life situations, it is the norm to report suspicious people, and in many cases, it is life-changing.

Tsunayoushi

Tsunayoushi

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • 408 posts

It is not extremely reckless, nor disrespectful for me to proclaim such (reporting suspicious activity). My decision to report that player has no part to do with the race or ethnicity of the seller - the fact that one perceives it as so shows poor judgement.

It may not be extremely reckless or disrespectful for many. Never have I stated that your decision or statement to report any player had to do with any race or ethnicity; or else I would have clearly stated such. The fact that one would assume so after reading my post shows poor ways of them reaching conclusions.

talestyrone claims that four (assumingly consecutive) people have tried to buy an item from him, all of which were not responsive at the time of the actual transaction. That is a reason for suspect for the odds of this happening is very low, and I trust that talestyrone must have followed-up with the buyer afterwards with no reply (doubly suspicious). It would be appropriate to report this person.

It would not be appropriate to report a player based on your quoted statements. If you are too cautious to the point where you believe that the player is suspicious because they stop responding to you when you want to sell them an item (and that it has happened several times), that would be understandable as they might seem suspicious to you. But they cannot be proclaimed as a potential scammer, even if they were suspicious. The "suspicious" player would have yet not committed any suspicious activity. Being unresponsive at the time of the transaction does not prove nor grant you any right to label them as a potential scammer (personally, one should not have the right to label such player as a suspicious person & somebody to avoid dealing with). Now that; displays poor judgement.

Please keep in mind: Reporting a player based on such assumptions may not harm you nor the community, but it may severely harm the player that may most likely be innocent (considering the odds you mentioned). Refrain from jumping into conclusions as one may face different situations behind a monitor.

If the person indeed has a history of scamming, then we may have saved potential victims.

I can partly agree here. If that player (specifically speaking) has a history of being a scammer, then of course, the story is different as that player might seek to commit another scam/wrongdoing.

Reporting the player for suspicious activity would not have been wrong (such suspicious activity should not be penalized as it remains as no violations committed).

I shall skip the part regarding the comparison to real-life situations, I choose to rather not share my opinion; for the sake of perhaps avoiding further discussion.

Thank You.

-Regards.

Former Challenger Team (EUW) on League of Legends, grounded & created by Swedish Players.

We are Lunatics!

Join & become one of us.

Deity

Deity

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

It may not be extremely reckless or disrespectful for many. Never have I stated that your decision or statement to report any player had to do with any race or ethnicity; or else I would have clearly stated such. The fact that one would assume so after reading my post shows poor ways of them reaching conclusions.

I think you're mixing up what I said with talestyrone - that shows poor reading comprehension.  All I have said was that 1) multiple consecutive players messaging him to buy a certain "item" 2) all of which logged of prior to transaction 3) player never logs back on, all of which, makes a case of suspicion. You accused me of being disrespectful, citing "BR" when I have in no way mentioned them in my case for suspicious behavior. 

Again, never had I said that logging off prior to transaction alone is suspicious, but the combination of facts 1) 2) and 3) of the aforementioned is suspicious. 

Please keep in mind: Reporting a player based on such assumptions may not harm you nor the community, but it may severely harm the player that may most likely be innocent (considering the odds you mentioned). Refrain from jumping into conclusions as one may face different situations behind a monitor.

Partially agree with the first statement, which is why suspicious activities need be reported. If done the correct way, the ramifications of which you cite are invalid. One should not use a public setting to report a suspicion, but rather, a private message to one of authority. That way, there are no negative repercussions to said player. No conclusions were jumped. Furthermore, basic statistics of the probability of four consecutive players all of which logging off prior to transaction is extremely low. I need not get into those calculations for brevity. 

Let's agree to disagree to avoid derailment of an important thread.

Tsunayoushi

Tsunayoushi

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • 408 posts

I think you're mixing up what I said with talestyrone - that shows poor reading comprehension.

You think that I am mixing up what you stated with what Talestyrone posted? Your thought is incorrect.

Do you then state that such thought display poor reading comprehension from my side? Please, if you decide to respond, do at least consider responding wisely.

All I have said was that 1) multiple consecutive players messaging him to buy a certain "item" 2) all of which logged of prior to transaction 3) player never logs back on, all of which, makes a case of suspicion. You accused me of being disrespectful, citing "BR" when I have in no way mentioned them in my case for suspicious behavior. 

Again, never had I said that logging off prior to transaction alone is suspicious, but the combination of facts 1) 2) and 3) of the aforementioned is suspicious.

Do not turn our source of our discussion even more inaccurate.

1) We do not know for sure whether or not they were consecutive players. It was an assumption of yours which we both may use (for safety purposes).

2) Talestyrone did not mention that they logged out. They did mention, however, that they went AFK; which is one of the reasons to why you would consider them suspicious.

3) Again, Talestyrone did not mention that they logged out, nor did they mention that the player(s) "never" logged back on. Perhaps you meant that they went AFK and did not return to the keyboard? Either way, both ways would not have been close to being "suspicious", I am aware that you mentioned that they might not be suspicious based off on that sole "fact".

No, I did not accuse you of being disrespectful, nor would I accuse somebody of being disrespectful right off the bat.

What I stated was that what you proclaimed was extremely reckless and disrespectful, the act itself.

To clarify further: It was also not an accusation, it was my opinion that I shared.

BR Stands for "Brazil"/"Brazilian", and several players have chosen to display the tag along with their name. Not only in Trickster Online, but in other games as well.

Even if you were not aware of such, you should not be making any estimations of players displaying a similar tag, even if they were a little bit suspicious.

One or two scammers that own a "BR"-Tag in their name does definitely not mean that every player that own the tag is considered a scammer (or perhaps suspicious).

You should not attempt to report a player for being suspicious or perhaps them being related to a scammer as they "might be a potential scammer themselves".

I am going to assume that you are already aware of this, but that you were too bothered by UdyrBR to the point where you became way too cautious.

Talk about mixing up. The first time I cited "BR", it was for the purpose of explaining what it stood for. The second time I cited "BR", I was directing the statement to Talestyrone in particular, but I did involve you to it as well; as you suggested (without directly stating that you are suggesting) Talestyrone to report that player in specific. You have not mentioned them but Talestyrone's post mentioned them. The purpose behind Talestyrone's post was that the person also had the "BR"-Tag in their name, Talestyrone then thought that they might be the same player as the one that was reported in this thread OR that the approximate times it happened was perhaps by the same person; otherwise I highly doubt Talestyrone would post such as it may seem irrelevant to the thread itself. Your post corresponds to Talestyrone's post.

You may now properly "combine the facts". They still do not make a player suspicious. The seller in this case is at no harm. The seller was not asked any favors by the buyer (such as purchasing a Kell Usu Spada). Considering that they have no history of scamming (in both your case and Talestyrone's case), they remain non-suspicious.

For minor clarification purposes: In Talestyrone's case, if Talestyrone would have mentioned that the player(s) that they were planning to deal with had a history of scamming, my first post would have been tremendously different.

Partially agree with the first statement, which is why suspicious activities need be reported. If done the correct way, the ramifications of which you cite are invalid. One should not use a public setting to report a suspicion, but rather, a private message to one of authority. That way, there are no negative repercussions to said player. No conclusions were jumped.

Suspicious activities needs to be reported, of course. If done correctly, then the "ramifications" that you mentioned could be avoided.

I did not cite any ramifications though. Are you attempting to manifest your poor reading comprehension now?

I did, however, state that falsely reporting a player for scamming could severely harm the player that is being falsely reported (especially in a forum similar to ours, where we have a section named "Hall of Shame" - which is great for actual reports of people scamming; although the section's description states "Have an interesting story with a scammer? Share them here!").

Even in a report that was sent through Private Message, one may still have jumped into conclusions, except that there is almost no harm out of the person jumping into these conclusions, as they are sharing it rather privately with a Staff Member.

Furthermore, basic statistics of the probability of four consecutive players all of which logging off prior to transaction is extremely low. I need not get into those calculations for brevity. 

Let's agree to disagree to avoid derailment of an important thread.

Yes. Basic statistics of the probability of such to happen is indeed extremely low. However, keep in mind that the "consecutive players" were part of our assumption (as Talestyrone did not clarify such). I slightly touched into this in the second statement of this post: "It was an assumption of yours which we both may use (for safety purposes)."

Yes once again, the probability is indeed extremely low; and even if such did occur, it still does not leave us with any suspicious activity (especially not any activity that needs to be reported).

You need not to calculate as it is rather unnecessary.

You may disagree. This is but my opinion after all, in case you have forgotten.

We may push this matter no further.

Thank You.

-Regards.

We are Lunatics!

Join & become one of us.

danielitan123

danielitan123

Count Blood's Butler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • IGN:Kukilldanielit/danielitan
  • Class:buffalo

It's a real shame people like this exist. One of the reasons I love Trickster is cause the community is fantastic; people like this are trash.
I'm pretty familiar with this type of scam in a few other games. Usually the scammer either has an alt account or has a friend help out. For example, in Maplestory back in the day, you'd have one guy on one side of the marketplace saying something like "B>60% Glove Attack for 15 mill". On the other end of the marketplace, he'd have his friend saying "S>60% Glove for Attack for 10 mill". The scroll was only worth like 8 mill, but players would think "Hey, if I spend an extra 2 mill for that 10m Glove scroll, I can make 5m profit!". Moment you purchase the 10m scroll, the other guy either logs off or doesn't accept the trade requests and you're basically out on 2m assuming you even manage to resell the scroll for 8m.
Not exactly the same, but the principle behind it is. You offer ridiculously attractive bait to sell the second item at an inflated price essentially.
GL getting it resolved in your favor! In the end, it'll come down to the GM's/Aran's discretion, but, for what it's worth, I think it's really clear you were deliberately scammed.

Wow those guys...

talestyrone

talestyrone

Rose Garden Explorer

• Special Members
  • 652 posts

I shall share my opinion on this matter.

You are minorly responsible for this incident, Foxsaysmoo. You should not have purchased the item (Kell Usu Spada). You should have explained to them that if they wanted the Kell Usu Spada, you could purchase the Tenter Lion Tail Spear for 300K MyShop Points; they could then purchase the Kell Usu Spada + way more than 200M. They would save more than 200K MyShop Points (more than 1B Galders). Only that thought makes the entire transaction extremely suspicious, no matter how less thoughtful the seller could be.

But you are not the one to blame, as this case is definitely considered a scam. The player that you were dealing with conned you, and I would assume that most players would fall for such a scam (as not many even expect players to dare scam others).

The player that you were dealing with deserves to be punished.

I am sorry for your loss & I sincerely hope that it could be resolved by the Staff Members.

Thank You.

-Regards.

In my comment of saying BR Player, I did not mean it in any discriminatory way as I just wanted to state that I was dealing with a Brazilian player at the time and meant nothing of it. They did not have the BR tag in their name but I know (from my minimal understanding of Portuguese) that their name was Portuguese (Brazilian).

I did edit my post saying that it WAS a false alarm.

(didn't put this part in my post)

This person later explained to me that he was delaying the deal waiting for his pay-check to go through so he had enough MyShop Points to buy the items from me, he explain that the main reason he made deals and went AFK was so that I didn't sell it to anybody else. (Understandable I kept the deal with him as nobody offered as much)

Again, I don't want anybody to misunderstand what I wrote, by saying BR player I meant of Brazilian Nationality and meant nothing discriminatory in my statement.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tsunayoushi

Tsunayoushi

Mermaid Palace Explorer

• Members
  • 408 posts

In my comment of saying BR Player, I did not mean it in any discriminatory way as I just wanted to state that I was dealing with a Brazilian player at the time and meant nothing of it. They did not have the BR tag in their name but I know (from my minimal understanding of Portuguese) that their name was Portuguese (Brazilian).

I did edit my post saying that it WAS a false alarm.

(didn't put this part in my post)

This person later explained to me that he was delaying the deal waiting for his pay-check to go through so he had enough MyShop Points to buy the items from me, he explain that the main reason he made deals and went AFK was so that I didn't sell it to anybody else. (Understandable I kept the deal with him as nobody offered as much)

Again, I don't want anybody to misunderstand what I wrote, by saying BR player I meant of Brazilian Nationality and meant nothing discriminatory in my statement.

That is quite understandable. I was aware of the false alarm of yours; my first post included the false alarm.

However, if you did know that their nationality is Brazil, you should not have posted so quickly.

Spoiler

You should have at least waited, the player that you dealt with did not even ask you to purchase an item for them or perhaps any other favor(s). You should have been patient, especially when it comes to posting such. It is great that you did not include their In-Game Name in your post.

Either way, what has been done is already done. You have not committed a crime or anything by the similar, we just turned this small matter into a discussion that is bigger than it should have been.

I found it reckless & disrespectful, and I shared that opinion with you. It does absolutely not mean that you are reckless & disrespectful as a person. What I shared was not an insult.

Including this post: I am but sharing my opinion. One may always agree or disagree, even though there is right & wrong.

Thank You.

-Regards.

We are Lunatics!

Join & become one of us.

Deity

Deity

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

You think that I am mixing up what you stated with what Talestyrone posted? Your thought is incorrect.

Do you then state that such thought display poor reading comprehension from my side? Please, if you decide to respond, do at least consider responding wisely.

It is my opinion that I believe my thought to be correct.

Do not turn our source of our discussion even more inaccurate.

1) We do not know for sure whether or not they were consecutive players. It was an assumption of yours which we both may use (for safety purposes).

2) Talestyrone did not mention that they logged out. They did mention, however, that they went AFK; which is one of the reasons to why you would consider them suspicious.

3) Again, Talestyrone did not mention that they logged out, nor did they mention that the player(s) "never" logged back on. Perhaps you meant that they went AFK and did not return to the keyboard? Either way, both ways would not have been close to being "suspicious", I am aware that you mentioned that they might not be suspicious based off on that sole "fact".

I did not turn it to be more inaccurate, I made safe assumptions and I pointed them out as I made them. "AFK" versus "logging off" - you're just nitpicking technicalities. For the sake of conversation, hereinafter, they're the same: the user was unresponsive. Either way, you can choose to say that it is not suspicious; however, it seems very suspicious to me. Let me restate the activity:

1) multiple consecutive (safe assumption) players messaging him to buy a certain "item"

2) all of which went AFK (or unresponsive) prior to transaction

3) player never responds back (also another safe assumption, if not, there would not basis of suspicious.) However, talestyrone, did add further details to his testimony, but from only one of the many buyers.

Again, whether or not you arrive at the same conclusion is at your jurisdiction, but, as I've said before, there is no harm for reporting suspicious people.

No, I did not accuse you of being disrespectful, nor would I accuse somebody of being disrespectful right off the bat.

What I stated was that what you proclaimed was extremely reckless and disrespectful, the act itself.

To clarify further: It was also not an accusation, it was my opinion that I shared.

Again, you're being nit-picky when in reality, both are interpreted the same way. If you're accusing what I'm doing, the "act", as reckless and disrespectful, then that implies that I'm being disrespectful. For example, if someone slew profanities at you, almost everyone would say he is disrespectful. But you're saying he's not disrespectful, and just his "act" is? Please. Either that shows low comprehension or you're trying to twist your own words. Perhaps you never intended to call me disrespectful, but by calling one's actions disrespectful, said person is construed as being disrespectful. For example, never do we say kaurou isn't a scammer, simply his actions are that of a scammer.  It is because he scams (his "acts") that he is a scammer. 

I will reply the rest later - the length of your post is way too long for any person of reasonable fortitude.

Deity

Deity

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Talk about mixing up. The first time I cited "BR", it was for the purpose of explaining what it stood for. The second time I cited "BR", I was directing the statement to Talestyrone in particular, but I did involve you to it as well; as you suggested (without directly stating that you are suggesting) Talestyrone to report that player in specific. You have not mentioned them but Talestyrone's post mentioned them. The purpose behind Talestyrone's post was that the person also had the "BR"-Tag in their name, Talestyrone then thought that they might be the same player as the one that was reported in this thread OR that the approximate times it happened was perhaps by the same person; otherwise I highly doubt Talestyrone would post such as it may seem irrelevant to the thread itself. Your post corresponds to Talestyrone's post.

The only thing mixed up is the idea you're trying to convey with this horseradish of a paragraph. As you've said, you did involve me with your "opinion" that I was being disrespectful. That is a conclusion you jumped due to a difference in our opinions, which is understandable. You thought I had no basis behind my reason to report those suspicious individuals, which I do have and explained later. 

You may now properly "combine the facts". They still do not make a player suspicious. The seller in this case is at no harm. The seller was not asked any favors by the buyer (such as purchasing a Kell Usu Spada). Considering that they have no history of scamming (in both your case and Talestyrone's case), they remain non-suspicious.

For minor clarification purposes: In Talestyrone's case, if Talestyrone would have mentioned that the player(s) that they were planning to deal with had a history of scamming, my first post would have been tremendously different.

As you have said before, it is your opinion that he is not suspicious. Whether or not the seller is at harm should in no way be a metric for suspicious. If the person talestyrone was dealing with were in fact a scammer, then he must be trying to scam in a way that there is no apparent harm to talestyrone. You say "combine the facts", but ironically enough, you did not actually combine all the facts. The crux of my reasoning is that there were multiple, consecutive, people doing the same thing.

Suspicious activities needs to be reported, of course. If done correctly, then the "ramifications" that you mentioned could be avoided.

I did not cite any ramifications though. Are you attempting to manifest your poor reading comprehension now?

I did, however, state that falsely reporting a player for scamming could severely harm the player that is being falsely reported (especially in a forum similar to ours, where we have a section named "Hall of Shame" - which is great for actual reports of people scamming; although the section's description states "Have an interesting story with a scammer? Share them here!").

Even in a report that was sent through Private Message, one may still have jumped into conclusions, except that there is almost no harm out of the person jumping into these conclusions, as they are sharing it rather privately with a Staff Member.

If you're trying to throw an insult, please use a larger font to avoid excessive strain on the eyes of the readers.  "[...] serverely harm the player that is being falsely reported" is one of such ramifications which I say can be avoided if reported correctly; therefore, it safe to report suspicious activity, even minorly suspicious.

I agree with you that the Hall of Shame is a particularly bad setting to report players without proof, as it could be a interesting "yarn" for all we know. There should be a rule against reporting without proof.

Yes. Basic statistics of the probability of such to happen is indeed extremely low. However, keep in mind that the "consecutive players" were part of our assumption (as Talestyrone did not clarify such). I slightly touched into this in the second statement of this post: "It was an assumption of yours which we both may use (for safety purposes)."

Yes once again, the probability is indeed extremely low; and even if such did occur, it still does not leave us with any suspicious activity (especially not any activity that needs to be reported).

You need not to calculate as it is rather unnecessary.

You may disagree. This is but my opinion after all, in case you have forgotten.

We may push this matter no further.

Thank You.

-Regards.

Never have I taken your words as anything outside your own opinion, just to clarify. We are presented with the same evidence and we arrive at different conclusions, which is understandable and I won't criticize you for that. Let's keep it to that.