Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4157 posts
  • IGN:Arantir
  • Class:Thief Master

Please do not do this:

75b5eb8561.jpg

We have a rule that asks you not to beg for galders or items.

43b994943a.png

I am especially tired of being asked for galders or items. (This is why I was being snarky in the above screenshot and threatened with ban; I eventually asked GM not to ban this player but that instead, I will use this screenshot uncensored to post this warning in forum).

Some even ask me for galders or things specifically because I am admin.

This is the kind of thing that can make a staff member corrupted.

Please stop asking for galders or items from other players or from any of the staff member.

If people want to give you things, that is the prerogative of their own good hearts, but don't go around asking for things from strangers. It's not nice and you may be irritating people. And in the case of admin, this can make people slide on the slope towards corruption. So stop it.

• fate0023, Ghaspar, Neal and 6 others like this

HirotoSenpai

HirotoSenpai

Game & Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 581 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • IGN:HirotoSenpai
  • Class:Buffalo
  • Level:400

It happens everytime, few days ago a player asked me for FREE plvl just because im a mod @[email protected]  
He used the same comment as this other "you're a mod, mod are supposed to help".
The time they spend asking for things for free, they can get it.   :huh:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

302x6ro.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ghaspar

Ghaspar

Game Enthusiast 3rd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts
  • LocationTomorrowland
  • IGN:Ghaspar
  • Level:Enough

Always heppens to me too... I don't mind help, but it always the way you ask for it and what you ask. 

danielitan123

danielitan123

Black Swamp Explorer

• Members
  • 883 posts
  • LocationIsrael
  • IGN:W1Z4RD
  • Class:KidOfRto

its happen to me to and im always give what that players ask for...

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Tenma ☆ Watanabe

Rose Garden Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • IGN:Tenma
  • Class:
  • Level:Watanabe

I alway give those guys some of my "galder....coupons" which I got from drilling xD

BRUhmQq.gif

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • IGN:LinaInverse
  • Class:Witch
If not "mod" it's something else. I get people asking me all the time (and I know it happens to other higher-level players) or worse constantly spamming the "has asked for a trade" window. It happens to everyone, it's a modest annoyance that keeps me out of mega for awhile.

Haha...poor folks asking me...I'm downright poor! :)

Khloebunni

Khloebunni

Fallen Khloe - Game Advisor

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Locationtwitch khloebunni
  • IGN:Queen • Khloë
  • Class:Streamer
  • Level:400k

I'm far more likely to give you galders or an item or something if you hang out with me, and never ask lol

If some random asks for free stuffs, I typically just reply "No," and ignore them after

• Bongohead likes this
Posted Image

~. Honor and respect one another .~

Bongohead

Bongohead

Tree Sap

• Members
  • 870 posts
  • IGN:Geepie
  • Level:399.9

) or worse constantly spamming the "has asked for a trade" window. (...) that keeps me out of mega for awhile.

SjS4A0h.jpg

• Phthalocyanine likes this

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 331 posts

SjS4A0h.jpg

I am aware of that function. Doesn't mean it doesn't annoy me. Gets in the way of legit trades

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4157 posts

Yes, GM was surprised when I first asked him to ban this player for asking for money because he knew from past experiences that I just give people money when asked, and that I would ask them back things such as where they are from and how do they find out about the server.

Well, after the irritation cooled down, I said to GM, please don't ban this person. And GM said, you are just in a bad mood. And I was.

The thing is, it is dangerous for players to ask for money or items from someone who is actually in the position to give things out. This is how admin/gm can eventually become corrupted and start selling highly valuable items for real money for personal gain. I have had people whispering me asking for 1000 boxes of something they wanted and that they are willing to pay me through paypal. People have asked me for things like the Steel Collector (that level 380 Tartarus accessory) and willing to pay good money for it.

As a player, I have lots of things and I do give them out (for example, I have given out several sets of Spicy complete sets, I earned them myself from my days of hunting Spicy; I am retired Spicy hunter now). I have stuff from JP boxes that I have gotten using my own purchased MS, and I have given some of those to people out as well. Heck, I still have some of that Amadas things left in my MyShop and the Imperian things there that nobody seems interested in asking from me although I am waiting for people to actually ask for them so that I can get rid of them to clear up my MyShop inventory. I got those items from buying them when they were offered, but I don't want to take them out because they are timed.

The point is, I do give out stuff; I'm not trying to be mean, but that I don't want players to develop a habit of expecting admin/mods/other players to give them things. At the very least, this can be irritating. At worst, this can graduate to admin selling illegal items for personal gain. If that happens, the trust is gone. Having had the experience of cleaning up such a mess, I don't want to go through that again.  

• Silmeria and azinovo like this

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 331 posts
Aran,

Aside from the very real concern you expressed related to some long-passed staff issues with selling items, there is one thing about your post I'm interested in clarification of.

Other than some notable examples (you have noted that the GM has given you things to test, and you've been very open about this) it has been expressed to players MANY times that you and other mods do not have access to special equipment or "deals" nor are mods otherwise compensated for their service. If so, isn't that not really a risk?

I remember what happened in the past here, so I definitely understand the strain that event placed on the staff, and your aversion to it being repeated. But, if staff don't have that access, as we've been told, what extra risk is there?
  • Raia likes this

Aran

Aran

Head Moderator

• Administrators
  • 4157 posts

We are not paid staff. Neither mods nor admin are paid. 

Mods do not have access to items, but I do. GM initially used to give me items to test, then I think he got tired of always sending things to me, and so he gave me access, and now I do.

If I stopped being admin, and someone else take over, I don't know if he will give that person the same access as he does to me. It depends on trust level. Everything depends on that. He wanted to give me GM access & title but I am scared of messing things up because Idk about coding or any technical stuff, so I decline. 

While I am not interested in being corrupted by people, I can't say a new admin would not fall into temptation if people asked him/her often enough for things. Dangle real money in front of someone, and that could cause a person to slide and start using the game for personal gain.

Silmeria

Silmeria

Captain Skull's Pirate

• Members
  • 331 posts
Aran,

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain your stance. I definitely understand now what you're saying the risks that comes with. I also really appreciate how transparent you have been with the community and taking the time to answer questions and raise concerns.

For what it's worth, from what I've seen of you, I know there are few as trustworthy as you to have the access you do. I know this because you have shown such immense dedication to this server. It is truly admirable.

The question for everyone is how to try to cut down on that type of begging...
  • azinovo likes this

andypandy123

andypandy123

Mad Ray's Assistant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Locationgermany/Cuxhaven/northcoast
  • IGN:hopper001
  • Class:Fireball
  • Level:9000+

i know that feeling sometomes there comes someone who just trade u and ask for money or item i hate that situation >.<