LePetitCupcake

LePetitCupcake

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • IGN:Amphy
  • Class:Witch

Soooooo here I am, yet again! Apparently my computer hates Playtrickster, but I love it so much! D:<

So, this time it's sort of a weird technical problem.

I was away for a few months and the last time I played, everything was normal, fine and dandy.

Now that I'm back and I want to play again, the game simply won't start!

I didn't mess with the .bin and .exe (Splash.exe and Trickster.bin) that I had to fix formerly to make the game work last time.

(I had to change the Trickster.bin to Trickster.exe or the other way around and it worked, and so I left it as it was on my desktop for all this time).

Now, when I tried making the game work, the Splash shows the message "Can't connect to game server" after spending hours "connecting to update server", then on "Updating version information" and "initializing update process". (All of this being executed as admin)

Attached File  cantconnectupdateserver.png   385.52KB   0 downloads

I have tried replacing everything on the folder for the files on Manual Patch_09252015, but alas, it doesn't work.

And now, when I try to run Trickster.exe as admin, it shows this message (mind you that it was previously replaced with the .dll on the manual patch provided):

Attached File  procedureentrypoint.png   127.96KB   0 downloads

Soooo yeah. A friend is going to send me his files for me to try and replace, but I've tried everything and I'm kinda hopeless :c Bare in mind I have tried reinstalling too, and that when I try and run in compatibility mode, it won't open at all.

Paylette

Paylette

Game & Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 592 posts
  • LocationTurning Salt into Sugar
  • IGN:Temmie
  • Class:Tem
  • Level:300

For those who are having problems logging in, please follow this mini-guide. 

-- This is caused by the lack of Microsoft C++ on your computer.

1. Download this link THROUGH YOUR BROWSER: https://mega.nz/…
2. If you do not already have Winrar or 7zip or anything to extract a .zip file, please download so now. 
3. When the download for the mega file is complete, open it. 
You should see a list of files, that looks like this:http://puu.sh/p8xIK/e854c79e73.png
4. Now, you want to highlight all of these files, and drag them directly into your PlayTrickster Folder. This should then prompt unzipping, and then it will ask you to replace files. Select yes to all. You want to replace all the files.
5. Run vc_redist_2015x86.exe as administrator now. Install this, and when it is complete, restart your computer. This should fix it!  :) 

-- This is compatibility issues.

1. Go to your PlayTrickster folder, and right click Splash.exe, go into Compatibility, and check that it looks EXACTLY like this one:http://puu.sh/p8xOu/889ceacd5f.png. If it does not, please fix it. 
2. Now, run Splash.exe as administrator, and do "Check Files". 
3. The client should then update or download some files, then Game Start should be lit up at this point. 
4. Now, hit Game Start, and try to log in.

-- This is an issue with the screen resolution currently selected for Trickster.

1. Run Splash.exe as administrator, as normally.
2. Click "Check Files". 
3. Once you can again, click on Options.
4. Change your resolution from whatever it currently is to either 800x600 or 1024x768. 

Cheers! Good luck.  :) 
Post on this thread if you have any other issues or anything of the sort, I will try my best to sort them out for you!

~Zen.

You can always try this if you're having any problems. In advance, please tell us

if you're using Windows 10 as there are problems that have arose in the past when

using Windows 10

LePetitCupcake

LePetitCupcake

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

You can always try this if you're having any problems. In advance, please tell us

if you're using Windows 10 as there are problems that have arose in the past when

using Windows 10

Thank you! I have tried compatibility, for some reason it crashes even before opening, but I am checking files.

And no, I use Windows 8.1

LePetitCupcake

LePetitCupcake

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Thank you! I have tried compatibility, for some reason it crashes even before opening, but I am checking files.

And no, I use Windows 8.1

EDIT: I checked files and hit Game Start, it showed me a popup saying that "TricksterClient has stopped working" :c

I'mma try the Splash compatibility ( I was doing Trickster.exe compatiblity)

LePetitCupcake

LePetitCupcake

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

using Windows 10

None of those three worked. :c

I'm seriously hopeless in what to do, because I've tried everything.

Now it opens up the TricksterClient just fine, but when I type login and password, it lags for a bit (as it always did before going to the Island selection), but it goes back to the title screen, kinda like I wasn't connected to the Internet, which I obviously am

I've also tried the Microsoft C++ file too

And I've tried with compatibility, the client won't even start. :l

ImperiouS

ImperiouS

Technical Moderator & Game Advisor

• Moderators
  • 1175 posts
  • IGN:[Mod]ImpY
  • Class:Dark Lord
  • Level:400

i can take a look on your problem
download and install teamviewer if you ok then private message me infos.

LePetitCupcake

LePetitCupcake

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

i can take a look on your problem
download and install teamviewer if you ok then private message me infos.

OMG

NO NEED

I GOT IT FIXED!

It was a last resort thing because I was like "psh, might as well try"

I ran Splash.exe without compatibility mode and as administrator AND IT WORKED

I'm so glad ;w; Thank you for your offer tho, I'm sorry for the trouble <3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: game, wont, start