Zen

FB Admin & General Moderator

• Moderators
  • 671 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island
  • IGN:Mod_Zen
  • Class:Gladiator
  • Level:321

For those who are having problems logging in or starting Trickster, please follow this mini-guide. 

Current Fixes: 

1. Splash.exe is white-- Cannot Connect to Update Server
2. Client Closes or I cannot login (client freezes)
3. White screen Exceptional Error upon boot! 

Problem 1. My Splash.exe is all white! I cannot update or do anything of the sort, and get the error "Cannot connect to update server!"

-- This is caused by the lack of Microsoft C++ on your computer. As of May, 2016, you need Microsoft C++ to run Trickster.

1. Download this link THROUGH YOUR BROWSER: https://mega.nz/…
  2. If you do not already have Winrar or 7zip or anything to extract a .zip file, please download so now. 
  3. When the download for the mega file is complete, open it. 
  4. You should see a list of files, that looks like this:http://puu.sh/p8xIK/e854c79e73.png
  5. Now, you want to highlight all of these files, and drag them directly into your PlayTrickster Folder. This should then prompt unzipping, and then it will ask you to replace files. Select yes to all. You want to replace all the files.
  6. Run vc_redist_2015x86.exe as administrator now. Install this, and when it is complete, restart your computer. This should fix it! 

Problem 2. When I click Game Start, nothing happens! My client closes! OR, when I try to log in, the game freezes!

-- This is compatibility issues.

1. Go to your PlayTrickster folder, and right click Splash.exe, go into Compatibility, and check that it looks EXACTLY like this one:http://puu.sh/p8xOu/889ceacd5f.png. If it does not, please fix it. 
  2. Now, run Splash.exe as administrator, and do "Check Files". 
  3. The client should then update or download some files, then Game Start should be lit up at this point. 
  4. Now, hit Game Start, and try to log in.

Problem 3. I can get by Splash.exe, but when the game loads, I get a white screen and "Exceptional Error"!

-- This is an issue with the screen resolution currently selected for Trickster.

1. Run Splash.exe as administrator, as normally.
  2. Click "Check Files". 
  3. Once you can again, click on Options.
  4. Change your resolution from whatever it currently is to either 800x600 or 1024x768. 

Cheers! Good luck! 
Comment below any other issues you may occur, and I will try my best to find a fix!

• Kheops likes this

Astronaut

Astronaut

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • IGN:Matt
  • Class:Astronaughty
  • Level:380

What about this. I can open the game, and play, but if i try to dual client, or alt+tab actually client, all became black/freeze, basically, if i open the game, i cannot go back to desktop or whatever.

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 671 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

What about this. I can open the game, and play, but if i try to dual client, or alt+tab actually client, all became black/freeze, basically, if i open the game, i cannot go back to desktop or whatever.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of reports about this issue. 

I'm going to try to cause my computer to have the issue (my main laptop and PC do not have it), or find one of my old laptops that may have it, so I can find a fix. 

I'll post a new thread if I find the fix! 

Astronaut

Astronaut

Desert Beach Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • IGN:Matt
  • Class:Astronaughty
  • Level:380

Yeah, I've heard a lot of reports about this issue. 

I'm going to try to cause my computer to have the issue (my main laptop and PC do not have it), or find one of my old laptops that may have it, so I can find a fix. 

I'll post a new thread if I find the fix! 

Thank you very much.

Btw, I use customized resolution, but anyways, i've tried without custom resolution, full screen, and not full. I also tried 800x600, and 1024x768, and could not solve. But, if i use 800x600, i can go into dekstop, and use my internet navegator normally, but i can't open another client, or my actually client freezes, became black i dont know, something like this.

devour05

devour05

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

need help may client had a problem when i log in my account and enter the game it immediately return to game start 

IGN:Gravez

Sugarshy

Sugarshy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Ok so what if the game closes after I hit play? I have the compatibility set, but it still closes the game, and doesn't even load it. I've applied the patch and it's still not able to pull up as well.

alicebell

alicebell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • IGN:AliceBell

Ive done everything to get trickster to work on my new windows 10 pc and nothing works please help i really want to play :<

riddlemethis

riddlemethis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I have a question. I played trickster a long time ago I had a level 311 electric water light dragon, I had to put the game away for a while and I got busy. I have/had alot of myshop items and time invested in that charecter. now I can no longer access it I am guessing due to how much time I have been away from the game. is there anyway to recover my charecter? if I can I will become an active player again, if not I dont know if I will pick this game back up (dont really want to invest that much time and money again) Please let me know.

pokota

pokota

Tribunal Leviathan 2nd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • IGN:YetAnotherDPCoon
  • Class:Card Master
  • Level:70

I have a question. I played trickster a long time ago I had a level 311 electric water light dragon, I had to put the game away for a while and I got busy. I have/had alot of myshop items and time invested in that charecter. now I can no longer access it I am guessing due to how much time I have been away from the game. is there anyway to recover my charecter? if I can I will become an active player again, if not I dont know if I will pick this game back up (dont really want to invest that much time and money again) Please let me know.

If the character was on the ntreev server (read: was made before January 2014), the reason the character and equipment is not available is because we're a different server entirely.

riddlemethis

riddlemethis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

so I take it that if it was on the netreev server it is lost for good correct?

and thank you for the swift reply.

pokota

pokota

Tribunal Leviathan 2nd Rank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • IGN:YetAnotherDPCoon
  • Class:Card Master
  • Level:70
yes, it is lost forever (rip OG CreepyStalkerBoy)

emma

emma

Oops Wharf Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • LocationCali<3
  • IGN:Seoul
  • Class:=^∇^*=
  • Level:24x

Trickster worked fine until today for me. When I try to log in, the screen freezes and doesn't do anything :/ I've check the properties and it looks the same as the image on the first post. Not sure what I can do to fix this problem?

• sylacks likes this

♛

Seoul

Rare \ Australia \ Heal \ Melanie \ Emiko

gakon

gakon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Me and my brother are also having the same problem. Client worked perfectly this morning and now cannot connect. After clicking log in, screen freezes and come back a bit later without showing server's choice.

• sylacks likes this

Lydie

Lydie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • IGN:Velvet

I'm also having the same issue as the two above me, I came back from a hiatus just last night and Trickster was running perfectly but this morning it started freezing upon login for a second before responding again, still leaving me at the login screen. I've checked and it's definitely not my internet as everything else runs fine and I've also reinstalled the game, which didn't help. Any ideas on how to fix this?

pauloandre94

pauloandre94

Coral Beach Adventurer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Same thing happened to me today, is the server in maintenance?

TimertheBunneh

TimertheBunneh

Game Advisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • LocationLouisiana, USA
  • IGN:TimertheBunneh
  • Class:Duelist
  • Level:240

I'm trying to multiclient using a virtual machine (win7 64bit), and I keep getting this error when I start the client up...

lIlm6Na.png

I can only make out the DirectX, which I checked and is up to date.

TimertheBunneh (Duelist)Cyclonid (Gladiator)PoisonScorpio (Dark Lord)PiXieStiX (Soul Master, elements water/elec)

MadJungle (coon, 3rd job TBD)Daitenshi (future Priest)

Hyped for Paula? Here's a guide on what to expect!

Zen

Zen

• Moderators
  • 671 posts
  • LocationCaballa Island

I'm trying to multiclient using a virtual machine (win7 64bit), and I keep getting this error when I start the client up...

Spoiler

I can only make out the DirectX, which I checked and is up to date.

It's because you're on a Virtual Machine. 

They aren't built to be able to run even one client of Trickster, for you to get one running, I'm impressed! 

But yeah, I don't imagine there's a fix for that.